The 10th World Telecommunication/ICT Indicators Meeting (WTIM) took place from 25-27 September, 2012, in Bangkok, Thailand. The WTIM, organized by the Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), was hosted by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) of Thailand. The WTIM was preceded by a two-day meeting of the Expert Group on Telecommunication/ICT Indicators (EGTI), in the same location.
The WTIM 2012 addressed, among others, the following topics:
- The national coordination of ICT statistics
- Measuring fixed and mobile broadband, including pricing, traffic and capacity
- Measuring progress towards the achievement of the WSIS outcomes (jointly organized with the Partnership on Measuring ICT for Development)
- Revisions to the indicators on household ICT access and individual ICT usage
- Measuring gender-related ICT indicators
- Emerging issues such as measuring digital broadcasting, including IPTV
- Results of the work carried out by the EGTI since the 9th WTIM
WTIMs, open to all the membership, are primarily targeted at those responsible for ICT statistics in relevant Ministries, regulatory agencies, telecommunication operating companies and national statistical offices. Experts interested in the subject of information society measurements are also welcome to attend the WTIMs.