Executive summary of the WP1/11 and WP2/11 meetings (Geneva, 12-13 July 2017)
Working Party 1/11 (Signalling requirements and protocols for emerging telecommunications networks) and Working Party 2/11 (Control and management protocols for IMT-2020) meetings were held in Geneva from 12 to 13 July 2017. The meetings were attended by 43 delegates from 9 countries. The meetings were preceded by SG11 Rapporteurs groups meetings of Questions 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 13 and 14/11 (Geneva, 3-12 July 2017). Along with face-to-face meetings, most sessions from various Questions were supported by remote participation capabilities.1 Approved and Consented Recommendations (ITU-T A.8)
WP1/11 did not consent any draft Recommendations,
although one of the objectives of the WP1/11 meeting was to consent Q.SCO. Finally, it was proposed to finalize and consent the baseline text of Q.SCO at the next SG11 meeting (Geneva, 8-17 November 2017). This proposal was accepted at the WP1/11 meeting.
WP2/11 consented one Recommendation ITU-T X.609.3 (ex. X.mp2p-mssr) "Managed P2P communications: Multimedia streaming signalling requirements". The output document is available in SG11-TD11/WP2.
2 Supplements, Handbooks, Technical Papers, Guidelines and Corrigenda
No Supplements were approved at this meeting.
No Guidelines were approved at this meeting.
No Handbooks were approved at this meeting.
2.4 Technical Papers
No Technical Papers were approved at this meeting
No Corrigenda were approved at this meeting.
3 Reports of Rapporteurs meetings (Geneva, 3-12 July 2017)
WP1/11 and WP2/11 approved the following reports of the Rapporteur group meetings:
4 Highlights of WP1/11 and WP2/11 meetings
SDN, 5G/IMT-2020 activities
There is progress on the following work items related to SDN-based technologies:
- Q.SCO, "Signalling Requirements for SDN and NFV based Central Office services";
- Q.PVMapping, "Signalling Requirements for Mapping between Physical and Virtual Networks";
- Q.SVDC, "Signalling requirements of the Sew interface for Virtual Data Center";
- Q.BNG-DBoD, "Signalling requirements for dynamic bandwidth adjustment on demand on broadband network gateway implemented by SDN technologies";
- Q.SAN-MIM, "Signalling requirements of SDN-based access networks with media independent management capabilities";
- Q.NEA-REQ, "NFV entity access network signalling requirement";
- X.mp2p-mssr, "Managed peer-to-peer communications: Multimedia Streaming Signalling Requirements (MSSR)"
- X.mp2p-mspp, "Managed peer-to-peer communications: Multimedia Streaming Peer Protocol (MSPP)"
- X.mp2p-msomp, "Managed peer-to-peer communications: Multimedia streaming overlay management protocol (MSOMP)"
It was agreed to start the following new work items:
- Q.SCC, "Signalling requirements and information model of Cooperative Controller";
- Q.NS-LCMP, "Protocol for network slice lifecycle management";
- Q.IEC-REQ, "Signalling requirement of intelligent edge computing";
- Q.MEA-SRA, "Signalling requirement and architecture for media service entity attachment";
- X.mp2p-cdp, "Managed peer-to-peer communications: Content distribution protocol"
Note: it was proposed to consent 7 new draft Recommendations (Q.SCO, Q.PVMapping, Q.IPv6ProBB, Q.BNG-DBoD, Q.SAN-MIM, X.mp2p-mspp, X.mp2p-msomp) at the next SG11 meeting (8-17 November 2017).5 Outgoing Liaison Statements
The meeting made progress on Q.suppl_VoLTE_ETS_Interconnection "Signalling requirements for interconnection between VoLTE-based network and other networks supporting emergency telecommunications service (ETS)".
Virtualization of control network entities in next generation network
The meeting made progress on Q.VCNSA "Signalling architecture for virtualization of control network entities".
The following table shows the list of outgoing liaison statements.
|1||SG11-TD13/WP1||Q4/11||WP1/11||SG13, JCA-SDN||For information||LS/o on recent SDN-related developments in SG11: one new work item|
|2||SG11-TD10R1/WP2||Q6/11||WP2/11||ITU-T SG13||For information||LS/o on a new work item about protocol for network slice lifecycle management|
6 Approved new work items
The following table shows the new approved work items.
|No.||Q||Work item (Draft Recs)||Status||Title||Editor||Timing||Ref.|
|1||Q4/11||Q.SCC||New||Signalling requirements and information model of Cooperative Controller||Yi Zheng|
|2||Q6/11||Q.NS-LCMP||New||Protocol for network slice lifecycle management||Haining Wang, Bo Lei, Wei Chen||2018 Q4||SG11-TD9/WP2|
|3||Q7/11||Q.IEC-REQ||New||Signalling requirement of intelligent edge computing||Kwihoon Kim, Jongmin Lee, Taewan You||2018-12||SG11-TD16/WP2|
|4||Q7/11||Q.MEA-SRA||New||Signalling requirement and architecture for media service entity attachment||Jongmin Lee, Yangjung Kim||2019-06||SG11-TD18/WP2|
|5||Q8/11||X.mp2p-cdp||New||Managed peer-to-peer communications: Content distribution protocol||Changkyu LEE, Wook HYUN||2018-12||SG11-TD13/WP2|
7 Future meetings and next Study Group 11 meeting7.1 Rapporteur groups
The following interim Rapporteurs' groups meetings are agreed by WP1/11 and WP2/11
|Question/WP||Date||Place / Host||Terms of reference||Contact|
|Q4/11||6-8 September 2017 9:00-11:00 (Geneva time)||E-meeting||- Progress Q.SCO, Q.PVMapping, and Q.IPv6ProBB to be ready for consent|
- Progress all on-going work items.
- Consider any contributions proposing new work items.
|Q7/11||4–8 September 2017||E-meeting||Progress all Q7/11 on-going work items and new work proposals||Jongmin LEE (email@example.com)|
|Q8/11||28 August – 1 September 2017||E-meeting||Progress all Q8/11 on-going work items and new work proposals||Shin-Gak KANG (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
7.2 Next SG11 meeting
The next SG11 meeting is scheduled to take place in Geneva, 8-17 November 2017 (to be confirmed).
The objectives for the meeting are highlighted below:
8 Liaison officers and Rapporteurs
- To finalize and consent Q.SCO, Q.PVMapping, Q.IPv6ProBB, and Q.BNG-DBoD
- To approve WP1/11 output documents
- To approve outgoing liaison statements
- To review work programme
- To agree the future interim meetings
- To consider future activities
- To consider work plan for the next meetings
- To progress ongoing signalling architecture studies such as Q.VCNSA;
- To consider any contributions proposing new work items related to signalling architecture.
- Progress Q.suppl.VoLTE_ETS_Interconnection and Q.suppl.NGN_pri_Interconnection;
- Consider any other contributions proposing new work items.
- Consent Q.IPv6ProBB, Q.PVMapping, and Q.SCO
- Progress Q.SMO, Q.SVDC, Q.SD-WAN, and Q.SCC
- Discuss new work item introduced by contributions
- Review the work program and modify the Action Plan
- But are not limited to.
- Consent the ongoing work programme Q.BNG-DBOD
- Progress on draft recommendation of Q.BNG-IAP and Q.BNG-CFS
- Consider any contributions proposing new work items
- Other business.
- Consent ITU-T Q.SAN-MIM, X.mp2p-mspp, X.mp2p-msomp
- Progress all Q6/11 on-going work items
- Discuss new work item proposal
- Progress all Q7/11 on-going work items
- Propose consent of ITU-T Q.SAN-MIM
- Discuss new work item proposal
- Progress all Q8/11 on-going work items
- Propose consent of ITU-T X.mp2p-mspp, X.mp2p-msomp
- Discuss new work item proposal
A new associate Rapporteur was appointed by WP2/11 for Question 7/11. The contacts of the new Associate Rapporteur are reported below:
Korea (Rep. of)
Tel: +82 42 8606746
Fax: +82 42 8611342
The list of Rapporteurs can be found at: https://www.itu.int/net4/ITU-T/lists/loqr.aspx?Group=11&Period=16.
9 Other business
WP1/11 and WP2/11 Chairman highlighted that there is a proposal to organize a one-day Workshop on "Control plane of future networks including IMT-2020. Current issues and the way forward" which may take place back-to-back with the next SG11 meeting (8-17 November 2017). The event is not confirmed yet, however, the dates and potential agenda might be confirmed early September 2017.
The initial intention of the Workshop is to discuss:
- status of current and future ITU activities in control plane of the future networks;
- worldwide practices and perspective on future networks;
- control plane of 5G/IMT-2020.
The workshop also intends to organize a brainstorming session aimed at discussing current signalling/networking issues and areas of standardization of control plane of the future networks, including IMT-2020. In addition, a demo-zone may be organized in parallel to the Workshop.
Participants of WP1/11 and WP2/11 were encouraged to submit their proposals to the Chairmen of WP1/11 and WP2/11 respectively (email@example.com
), copy firstname.lastname@example.org