Call to Action
To accelerate the digital transformation in challenging times, ITU invites:
Member States to:
- Continue leveraging telecommunications/ICTs by developing digital policies and strategies to adapt and respond timely and effectively to different challenges that may occur.
- Report national progress with special focus on the targets that particularly contribute to digital transformation in the framework of the Connect 2030 Agenda (Targets 1.4, 1.7, 3.1, 3.5, 4.1, 5.1), by providing data and statistics, as appropriate, as well as initiatives to be included in the Connect 2030 Agenda microsite.
Sector Members, Associates and Academia to:
- Continue to facilitate cooperation and partnership in areas such as innovation, infrastructure, investment, and capacity development to advance digital transformation for all and achieve the Connect 2030 Agenda.
- Share their technology-driven strategies, considering the possible opportunities and/or challenges of digital transformation, and how these challenging times, such as the Covid-19 pandemic, can be used as an opportunity to connect all.
All stakeholders to:
- Raise awareness of this year's theme, “Accelerating Digital Transformation in challenging times."
- Reflect how ITU and its membership respond and adapt to new challenges through ICTs.
- Enhance cooperation between governments, business communities, UN bodies, civil society and other stakeholders in challenging times.
- Reinforce the importance of developing digital strategies and other technology-driven initiatives as part of digital transformation.
- Consider both the opportunities and/or challenges of digital transformation when trying to find timely and effective answers to the different challenges that the world may experience.
- Share with ITU their challenges, lessons learned, expertise, guidelines, success stories, case studies, good practices, solutions, publications, and policies put in place to better meet future challenging times (Annex 2).